Maintaining a welcoming community
Tourism is a major driver of the local economy, and we’re working to make sure visitors and locals alike continue to enjoy our uniquely beautiful environment.
In partnership with Fáilte Ireland, Kerry County Council, Údarás na Gaeltachta and Dingle Peninsula Tourism Alliance, Dingle Hub is leading a new project to foster a Sustainable Energy Community (SEC) based in the Tourism and Hospitality sector.
This is the first Tourism and Hospitality SEC in Ireland, and there’s no more fitting place than the Dingle Peninsula, where the beautiful natural environment is a key factor in the thriving tourism industry.
The goals of the SEC are:
- to promote energy efficiency;
- to use renewable energy; and
- to develop de-centralised energy supplies.
The SEC will carry out detailed energy surveys over the 2023 summer season, and will also monitor energy use.
We invite local businesses to join the SEC and help us create a more sustainable tourism sector. Among the benefits to local business are:
- lowering energy bills through collective buying power;
- being first to learn about and participate in future ventures such as solar panels and anaerobic digestion;
- knowing you’re helping keep the industry thriving by maintaining the natural environment on which it depends.
- Overview of Tourism SEC project (YouTube, July 2023)
Please consider joining this vital new initiative by clicking on the button below and filling out the energy questionnaire.