An Economic Impact and Feasibility Study was prepared for the redevelopment of the former Dingle Workhouse and has been submitted to Kerry County Council and Údarás na Gaeltachta for review. A very brief outline of the proposal is to include the following elements:
- an Enterprise and Education Centre where we can expand on the work of the Dingle Hub to foster future skills.
- A Makerspace workshop to provide a prototyping space for community artistic, entrepreneurial and educational projects.
- A community use meeting and exhibition space.
- the protected second floor will remain as is and use audio-visual and virtual reality tools to create an Interpretive Centre.
- a visitor orientation centre to help provide an understanding of the culture and heritage of the peninsula.
An application was submitted to the Rural Regeneration and Development Fund on 27.09.218 for funding to move this proposal to Master Plan stage and, if the application is approved, we look forward to running community workshops and events to capture your inputs to the project.